Monday, 29 September 2014
Wednesday, 24 September 2014
Sunday, 21 September 2014
(The above images can all be found on Pinterest HERE)
Wednesday, 17 September 2014
Sunday, 14 September 2014
(All photos taken from Pinterest HERE)
I don't mind telling you i HATE exercise. I like moving don't get me wrong. In fact i can't bear to sit still. But the thought of any kind of exercise class leaves me running in the opposite direction. At least it would if i COULD run. I once tried and damaged my legs so much that i had to get the bus down the road to work each day and go down any kind of stair on my bottom for two whole weeks. True story! Turns out you need the correct shoes and a vague idea of how to warm up before you launch yourself head first into running.
And that's also not my forte: PATIENCE. If i want to do something i want to do it yesterday. It's not something that always works in my favour but it does mean i get stuff done (usually whilst inflicting various kinds of BUMPS and bruises to limbs). I suppose i am lucky as in most cases (if we exclude walnut whips and chocolate. Oh and coffee or carrot cake) i prefer to eat healthy. I enjoy my fruit and veg and i'd quite happily exist on nuts, seeds and healthy meats and fish. But all through my life i have longed to find the right exercise. I am not naturally slim or toned and i need to move to stay fit and healthy - or at least to feel that way. I grew up never dieting but always yearning to find and exercise that i loved. It never came. Until three years ago i decided to get a bike.
* * *
We had always had bikes growing up but i had never considered it in an EXERCISE sort of a way. From the moment i rode those two wheels again i was HOOKED. Something clicked inside and i was away. Not only can i hop on Willow (that's my bikes name by the way. She is a mint green Pashley Penny pushbike and as she has become such an important part of my life i had to name her you see) at a moments notice: no silly stretches, clingy lycra anythings or shout-y gym instructors.
Friday, 12 September 2014
Thursday, 11 September 2014
(^My favourite photo^ )
(^There is something ever so inspiring about miles and miles of perfectly symmetrical trees^)
(^Picnic place perfection^)
(^A tree so so tall^)
(^Wild flowers as far as the eyes can see^)
* * *
Each time we visit, i fall more and more in LOVE with the place. We are already planing our next adventure, come late Autumn. I can't wait to see all of the grounds in their full Autumn GLORY
Lovely Lowther Castle, i think you shall always be our SPECIAL place.
(^You can find out a little more about this wonderful place HERE^)
Wednesday, 10 September 2014
Friday, 5 September 2014
^first berry-shaped sightings en route back to Tangle HQ^
^perfectly pretty early evening golden light love^
^dreamboat skies to fall right into^
* * *
Other THINGS that have been equally good and great about this week other than obvious Autumn-shaped goodness:
* Finding a DRESS i had completely forgotten i owned (a sign that there is probably still far to much 'stuff' in those wardrobes of mine?) which has perfectly fixed my 'i am at a hen party on Saturday and have nothing that i want to wear' - shaped dilemma. Huzzah!
* Attending Carlisle Living (the magazine i am ever so lucky to have my own column in) first ever AWARDS on Thursday evening. This was one of the most surreal experiences in a long time. To first of all be asked to be involved and to help judge some categories to actually attending the event and being seated at the editors table along with other judges and the host, none other than Grace Dent - well it was almost a little too much for me to take in! On Thursday night i was recognised for my writing, for this little blog of mine and for being a creative person and that filled me with so much pride and happiness that i can't quite explain. To actually have complete strangers and established creatives tell me that they loved both my writing and this little space fills me with so much thanks. It was such a huge honour to be there and i cannot thank them all enough for making me feel so welcome.
* The Mr. Do you ever just have certain weeks where you think you love someone even more than you ever have before? This was just one of those weeks. Without going overboard, a man that purposely avoids speed bumps all the way home at 2am on Thursday evening because i so badly needed a wee is a man worth hanging on to in my opinion.
* Treating myself to the softest grey marl tee with the most perfect white font printed across its front, in H&M no less. Its sleeves are just the perfect length, it dips ever so slightly at the back in a flattering cut and i just know the more i wear it the softer and more perfect it shall become. It was perfect slung over a cotton sundress on Wednesday evening for an early evening bike ride.
* Spotting the sweetest old man sat on a bench in the park yesterday morning, with a tartan blanket over his knees, a thermos flask and the local paper. And his beautiful border terrier lay at his feet. He said good morning too. A true gent. My heart was warmed beyond belief.
* * *
So what do you all have PLANNED for this weekend? Tonight i am excited for an evening of us both being home, of eating delicious chicken and red wine casserole and mashed potatoes and for catching up. I am at a dear friends hen party all day and evening tomorrow which i am so excited for. Then i am crossing all that is crossable for this wonderful weather to last until sunday. I am hoping for a lazy breakfast of banana bread and tea and then a little adventuring somewhere green with the Mr.
Wishing you all the greatest most LOVELY of weekends and forever thankful to each and every one of you for dropping by this little place. You're the kindest most wonderful bunch of readers! Just excuse me whilst i go and find a tissue...