Always & Forever

Sometimes COMFORT can be found in the strangest places.  Often for me comfort is the the routine, the little things i do and enjoy each day and dotting them throughout my day almost means i feels as if i could do them in my sleep.  I am all for adventure and excitement and for little helping of the unknown on occasion.  But sometimes its my ordinary, and my mundane odds and ends that feel as if they keep me sane.  


In so many things i have become a creature of HABIT.  I wake at roughly the same time each morning {8AM incase you were wondering} whether i am at work or not.  I seem to have lost the art of being able to lie in.  I always sit in the same spot, curled up with my thoughts for the day and what i need to achieve; and always accompanied with a large cup of milky lady grey tea.  I wash, attempt to construct my messy mop into something resembling 'neat' and powder my cheeks with blusher and then i sit in silence and eat breakfast.  It's the perfect way to prepare for a busy day and i find it so soothing that i could do these things in my sleep and don't have to think too much about them.  



 Whilst my love of colour, print and texture never wanes; i do find myself leaning towards a much cooler, calmer and DELICATE palette in most things.  Soft pale cotton printed willow-patterned playsuits with crumpled cotton smock blouses thrown over the top is perfect for daydreaming days away from the hustle and bustle of work.  Slept in hair calls for the distraction method! This always hides in the form of floral garlands!  Fool proof!  And evenings are for curling up in pretty patterned trousers and bare feet.

Fresh FLOWERSare always a weekly treat.  I have been treasuring what will probably be my last bunch of peonies this year and filling what other old jam jars and chipped glasses i can find with hydrangea clippings.  And i am forever watching the light dance through the leaves above.  In fact i could sit and watch it for hours.  Sometimes i lose track of how much time has passed and i get a little bit lost!







CHASING the sun on its descent behind the clouds and into tomorrow before it gets too late.  I feel like i can really clear my head when i am racing between the trees and along the streets on late evening bike ride.  The world always feels so still and peaceful and it's a little bit like heaven.  
*   *   *  
What do you do to unwind?  What makes you feel the most at ease?  Where is your happy place?! I am sure we all must have one!