Autumn Eyes

I realised the other day that in fact i shouldn't be writing Autumn with a capital 'A' and that actually it is supposed to just be written as 'autumn'.  I think i have written it wrongly for the best part of the whole twenty eight years of my life.  Surely if any season deserves an almighty capital letter it should be Autumn? Don't worry dear AUTUMN i wont be changing my grammar for anyone.  Where is the fun in following rules after all?!

I digress. If you haven't gathered already, i have a rather strong love for Autumn.  And my past few weeks of pining for that little nip of cold after what has felt like such a mild mild start to my favourite time of year; has (OR IS?! WHO'S RULES ANYWAY) been more than worth it the wait.  Now Time, if you could just go a little bit slower so i can revel in orange and amber loveliness, bath in gingerbread lattes…oh and get my Christmas shopping done then that would be splendid. Thanks very much. 

 Dew on the GRASS and wishing i had worn socks. Early morning laps of the park crunching and crisping through mounds of leaves.  Sometimes i like to lift both my legs out to the side and go really fast.  If ever the park was empty i might even say 'weeeeee' too.  But i don't tell that kind of thing to everyone.

Easing the red in.  I love RED.  But i have to be in a certain mood and this time of year is probably the only time you shall see me in such bold colours.  Although i am a fan of anything printed and patterned, RED has always been a 'reserve for the right moment' type of colour.  My red lipstick is poised as i type.  I am also on the look out for the softest chunkiest red bobble hat - recommendations most welcome please. 


Peeping around corners and exploring new places.  I think i have only ever driven along this road in a car, in the dark before.  It may seem the silliest thing but i took a little detour up here last sunday on the way home and loved it.  Its the very oldest part of Carlisle, and the quaint and wonky houses and buildings are so beautiful.  You can also see right over the city from up here too.  The pretty road suits those damp leaves and WILLOW a treat.  


Skies of late.  It is getting so much harder to capture those beautiful SUNSETS i fall in love with daily.  A very small disadvantage to darker evenings!  A sneaky wonky, badly framed 'i have just pointed my phone a the sky because well, i couldn't miss a RAINBOW and now i am a bit late for work' sort of picture.  But i couldn't miss it, i just couldn't.  GREY walks home and being very thankful to Mr or Mrs umbrella or whoever the genius was to invent this useful contraption to those 'i don't have a hood' wild child's like me.  

Feel better cheer up kinds of things.  Why is it that piling on more BUTTER to anything toasted so that its still melty, warm and delicious instantly makes you feel better? It does.  Coupled with a particularly spectacular cup of lady grey, it fixed my monetary blues.  The tapes i fear, need no explanation.  I didn't need them but they make me happy, and on teacake tuesday, i needed them.  Enough said.  You know me by now.  

Faces.  I am struggling a little with my new HAIR.  I love it, i just don't think it loves me enough yet.  We have good days, but we mostly have bad days at the moment.  I love my sleep and my morning cuddles too much to spend a long time tending to my tresses in the morning.  I am a 'tip head upside down and ruffle' sort of girl.  Said barnet is an argumentative little so-and-so.  And usually by the time i have got to work we are in a sad way.  I am sure Miss Chung doesn't have this problem…
News to beat the BLUES! If you follow me on any other social media, you may have noticed the above news.  But if you didn't, i am very proud to announce that i now have my very own column in our local revamped and spectacularity brilliant magazine - Carlisle Living.  I have to admit to doing a little merry dance when i found out.  I am so grateful to them for giving me a chance and i am looking forward to sharing my words in print and not just on this pretty little place.  
*   *   *  
This week i have a few days off and so i am mostly enjoying not waking up to any alarm; making breakfast stretch out as long as possible (TWO CUPS OF TEA PLEASE) and just going slowly.  Tonight we are roasting funny candy coloured beetroot and we are also having cauliflower cheese (HELLO AUTUMN FOOD).  Tomorrow i am dying some knitwear and bits and pieces LAVENDER, because i feel like i want more of that colour in my life right now.  I cant find exactly what i want anywhere, so i am giving a new lease of life into some old bits and bobs.  Im rather excited.  
How do i find you all?