Thoughts Please

 I would like to tell you its all been go go go around these parts; that i have an exciting tale to tell or some groundbreaking discovery that will change your life, but i haven't.  

What i shall tell you is that lately i have been largely eating far too much chocolate and macadamia nut granola by convincing myself it is actually good for me. And it is.  Just not almost half a packet at a time.  Lately i have been spending far too much time on Instagram.  Spending far too much time looking at Jools Oliver's Instagram more to the point.  If you would like to follow my life on Instagram you can click upon my side-bar.  It is not anything like Jools Oliver's.  It is largely clouds and sky and food and sometimes my face; but you might like that sort of thing. 

Lately i have also been getting excited about new and interesting SALAD combinations.  Interesting salad combinations like fresh BEETROOT, ORANGE segments and RADISH with a huge dollop of cottage cheese on top for good measure.  Lately i have also been falling in love with everything i can't afford. I know what you are thinking STORY OF MY LIFE.  I have a lovely hen night coming up, and due to the fact that i very rarely get dressed up and spend most of my time in Monsoon towers or on the sofa with a big mug of Lady Grey, i would rather like something new.  Everything i like is a million pounds.  No really.  My outfit so far consists of a flowery headband i might buy and a yearning for something fringed…

Other bits and pieces have been happening of late but before I fire pictorial loveliness your sweet way; may i ask you to take a peek at Charlottes blog post from earlier on today.  I liked it.  I liked how she describes how that one little picture conjured a whole and whopping cavern of thoughts, ideas and memories.  And so i am going to see where my recent pictures take me…

Going round and round the park as standard.  Thinking back to how the GRASS smelt in the sunshine makes me think of school sports days.  Sneezing at cut GRASS and holding BUTTERCUPS under our chins to…  see who liked butter…?! And then making big birds nests out of the grass cuttings and pretending to be birds at playtime.  


Playing with PURPLE hair chalk like a rebel.  Makes me think of festivals and that i wish my festival-going partner in crime didn't now live in Oz.  Also thinking of parma VIOLET sweets and VIOLET creams and a really old body lotion my grandma used to wear…i think from M&S…  Flora-something-or other.

All kinds of TOMATO friends to conjure up all kinds of tomato things.  This makes me think of summer and barbecues when i was very little and hating how cold tomatoes from the fridge felt when you bit into them.  RANDOM. This pretty bowl here is sitting on the window sill ready for culinary adventures.  I imagine sticky tomato jam.  In reality, they shall probably be eaten with a hunk of cheese and some damson chutney as a lazy afternoon snack.
Sneaky SUN at the end of the day - what's that all about Mother Nature?  Thinking of evening bike rides when it gets colder and the sun is almost almost SET, and i feel as if i have to cycle to catch up with it.  Being in bed when you are little and it's light and even though everyone tells you it's eight 'o clock you cant help but feel you are being told a pork pie. 

 As knee-on as i get (GET IT? KNEE-ON?) whilst also co-ordinating with the garden.  This print is a bit 90's.  I sort of think of beach shorts made of towelling, Hawaiian Tropic suncream or caravan curtains.  These flowers didn't smell but looking at them reminds me of how the garden used to smell after tea when we were little and running about in the garden trying to escape going up the apples and pears.  All HONEYSUCKLE and SWEET PEAS.  
 *     *    *  
It's nice to sit and just think sometimes.  Especially where photographs are concerned.  For me this little place is all about the pictures, that's where it starts and i love that a photograph is just a split second in time; captured and to keep forever.  When i look at them again in a week i might have a million other thoughts that pop into my head…

What do these pictures make you think of? I would love to know!